On Oct 16th, IBM released a new version of LogicNet Plus XE. This new version contains some nice enhancements to the tool. These enhancements continue to make the tool easier for business users. The upgrades include the following:
- New version of CPLEX– this will allow you to solve larger models and solve models faster
- Enhancement to the inventory module and the scenario simulator
- Includes Tableau 8.0.4
- User authentication and permission on forms. This allows configuration for user access to the application and/or restrict write access to some projects or data forms.
Improvements to the Bill of Materials Visualization
- Improved visibility for table notes in navigation tree
New “Table Statistics” form listing all tables and their record counts
- Map enhancements and some other minor features
This release comes on the heals of the Apr 4th release. That release two major new features:
- Hierarchical optimization– a nice feature itself, but also one that is very practical for everyday models
- Demand deferral (the ability to meet demand, but late) and allocation rules (when supply is less than demand)
If you are new to the tool or have been using it for a long time, these are definitely features you should check out.