Senior Supply Chain Consultant
- With good understanding of customer business problems in supply chain design, utilize knowledge of mathematical optimization and algorithms, statistical machine learning, operations research, and finance & economics to determine the mathematical models to be applied in supporting client projects in the area of supply chain optimization and addressing the key issues.
- Understand client business requirements and create statement of work document that define solution framework, project plan and resource plan
- Collect and transform data into microsoft access, postgres, or other proper database, analyze and model customer problem in advanced optimization powered packages such as supply chain guru, xe/cplex studio, gurobi and other related programs, communicate the results to clients, and provide insight to problem.
- Architect and build operations research / machine learning powered solutions that help fix the most impactful business problems in supply chain, operations, and consumer-focused functions in retail, technology, consumer product, and manufacturing companies
- Formulate and apply mathematical/data process modeling, linear optimization to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions.
- Collaborate with the technical service team to help develop of tools and reporting packages for supply chain, shipments, inventory levels, customer inquiries.
- Develop product roadmaps and drive the implementation end-to-end, with algorithms and models with successful integration into production systems
- Lead team of operations research and data scientists and coach them on technical and business aspects of project
- Assist management in developing supply chain cost scenario tools and analysis, to support decision making regarding the ongoing evolution of the supply chain network (warehouse, distribution centers, suppliers, manufacturers, etc.)
- Develop and implement robust solutions for supply chain business problems using python, gurobi and pulp. participate in development of analytical training courses.
- Manage client relationship while delivering solution according to project timeline
- Plan team members professional development framework and evaluate growth and gaps in periodic talent reviews
- Help in hiring prospective candidates and in developing interview process
- Help in creating pre-sales activities including development of proof of concepts (poc) and sales presentations.
- Job entails working with and requires Master’s in Industrial Engineering, Analytics or equivalent degree with 2 years of experience including: Python, Pulp, Gurobi, Cplex, Ampl, Matlab, R, Relational databases, Statistical modeling, and Mathematical optimization and algorithms.
- Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience. This should be read to mean that the employer requires: Master’s in Industrial Engineering, Analytics, or equivalent degree with 2 years of experience in the job offered, Supply Chain Analyst, Operations Research Analyst, or equivalent.
To apply, please mention Job Code VM01 and mail resume to: Opex Analytics LLC, 350 N Orleans Street, Suite 8500N, Chicago, Illinois, 60654.